My unforgettable memory started when I was just a little kid. Back There I was ten years old. My father asked me to accompany him to Madura. We were about to fish on the great blue sea of Madura Strait. Both of us left Yogyakarta at five o'clock in the morning. We went to "Tanjung Perak" by Bus. "Tanjung Perak" was the name of the harbor where the ship that carry us to Madura, existed. And after we arrived at harbor, we didn't need to get off from the bus, all vehicles were also allowed to enter the ship, with different taxes. When we were at the trip to Madura, my father asked me to look around the ship, I happily accepted his invitation. We looked all over the ship, saw the blue sea, and saw some dolphins swam curiously beside the ship. What a Wonderful View. I was so glad I accompanied my father to Madura.
After we arrived at Kamal Harbor, we continued our journey to my uncle's house. His house wasn't far from the harbor.My uncle was so kind. He helped us to prepare our goods for fishing. After all completed, my father and I departed from my uncle's home and headed to mister Jamal's house.
Mister Jamal was a true fisherman. My father knew mister Jamal when he was fish seller, my father bought at mister Jamal's store, chatted for a long time, and my father got along with him very well. After a long time nostalgic conversation, finally we went to mister Jamal's motorboat and sailed to the great blue sea. Mister Jamal also got his own crew with him. So we were all seven people in one motorboat.
My father asked me to sit on the front edge of the ship, and because I was born on Madura, that almost all of the people there were fisherman, I was not afraid of deep water and other sea creature. So I sat and felt the wind scratching my cheeks and eyes. I felt so happy, and after three hours sea trip, we arrived at the first fish spot. There, I saw a lot of fish. They looked like some big group of fishes. Madura's fisherman called that fish "Sandal Fish", why? I didn't know either. Anyway, we moved to the second fish spot. There I didn't see any fish like in the first spot, but my father told us that this was where an average fish and big fish usually dwelled. So we start to cast our fishing line and wait. After twenty minutes waiting, mister Jamal revealed the truth. He got a big fish, about three feet long. And just five minutes after that, my father got one too. Unfortunately, because I was not an experienced fisherman, I didn't get any fish. All I said was," Fish, I'm going to turn you into Canned Sardine once I got you, just wait!!" But after one hour fishing, I got nothing. Sadly, I stopped and continued to the third fish spot.
Suddenly, mister Jamal pointed his finger to the deep of the water, and all I said was," My Gosh, what is that big round thing far deep in the water? And it was moving very slowly!!" Mister Jamal told me that was a giant sea turtle. At first I didn't believe, it was so big, even bigger from dinosaur from the Jurassic Park the movie. But my father said that down there, not just in Madura, in other deep sea, lives other bigger creature than this one. Remember about Giant Jellyfish found on the Europe Coast? That's some reality. It was only human can't reach the deep, so the sea creature remain unrevealed. I started to believe my father's story, because all in this world was not impossible.
After that amazing event, I went back to the beach, had the fish grilled with traditional recipes. After we all satisfied, i said goodbye to mister Jamal and went back to my uncle's house with my father at twenty two o'clock. I slept for very long time that I didn't recognize that It was already afternoon. That evening, I joined my uncle and my father to a traditional market. My father bought me a lovely cap. I was so happy. After shopping, we went home and went to sleep.
At early morning, my father woke me up, told me to prepare all my things, because we were going home, to Yogyakarta. Oh man, I wish I could stay longer on Madura, but I can't. My father and I left at Seven o'clock in the morning. We went to Yogyakarta the same way we went to Madura. After arrived at Yogyakarta, i unpacked my goods helped by my mother, took a bath, and once again, I went to sleep. That was a bit about my adventure on Madura. Hope You Like it.
Rabu, 23 September 2009
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar